If you’re looking for the best time to stock up on Amazon Coins then looking at it’s price history is generally the best place to start. Historically Amazon has offered steep discounts on coin bundles around Prime Days though in recent years they’ve been discounting them on seemingly random days. We’ve broken down the most popular times that Amazon has historically offered discounts so you can see for yourself if you should wait until the next sale or pull the trigger now.
10,000 Amazon Coins Price History
- Highest Price: $93.00 on October 23rd, 2017.
- Lowest Price: $70.00 on November 5th, 2015.
- Average Price: $81.55
A few things to note:
- When Amazon Coins were first introduced in 2014, the 10,000 coin bundle was sold at a promotional rate of 20% off.
- The non-sale promotional rate of Amazon Coins was originally 10% off before stabilizing at 18% in mid-2019.
- The first Amazon Prime Day on July 6th, 2015 discounted 10,000 coin bundles to 20% off (which was the same rate as previous sales.)
- The lowest price ever recorded for the 10,000 coin bundle was $70.00 (30% off) and the sale ran for roughly two months in 2015 through early 2016.
- Since the summer of 2019 the price of coins has remained relatively stable at $82.00 (18% off) with the occasionally discount to $81.00 (19% off).
Since the price of Amazon Coins has stabilized in mid 2019 it seems unlikely they will be significantly discounted again. The last two Prime Days haven’t featured any discounts to the 10,000 coin bundle and the trend line has mostly stabilized.
5,000 Amazon Coins Price History
- Highest Price: $47.50 on July 1st, 2018.
- Lowest Price: $36.00 on May 12th, 2017.
- Average Price: $41.62
Some patterns regarding the 5,000 Amazon Coins bundle price history:
- The bundles generally go on sale together, but the larger denominations of coins will still feature larger discounts than the smaller ones.
- The price for the 5,000 coin bundle has generally stabilized since mid 2019.
Based on the recent trendline, it seems unlikely that there will be significant discounts on the 5,000 coin package like there was in the past. If you’re thinking about pulling the trigger and making an order, I wouldn’t bother waiting until the next Prime Day since there hasn’t been any discounts during the 2019 and 2020 Prime Day sales.