Amazon added the ability to send other users Amazon Coins in late December 2013 so people could gift their friends and family the coins before the holiday season ended. The actual process of gifting the coins is actually surprisingly simple and just requires you to have an Amazon account:
- Navigate to the Amazon Coins page.
- Select the number of coins you’d like to gift: 300, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000 or 50000.
- Check the box that says ‘Give Amazon Coins as a gift’.
- Fill out the recipients e-mail address.
- Write in the recipients name.
- Include your name so they know who sent them the gift.
- You can optionally include a message of up to 300 characters.
- If you want the coins to be delivered on a specific date of up to one-year in the future you can select that option as well.
- Complete the order as you normally would.
A few things to note:
- The gifted Amazon Coins are not considered promotional coins and thus will never expire.
- You cannot gift Amazon Coins that have already been purchased or redeemed on your account.
- Regardless of the delivery date you select, you will be charged instantly when you check out.
- If you choose a delivery date on your Amazon Coins gift order you can cancel it anytime before that date for a full refund.
- You can see their full list of frequently asked questions here.
Just remember that once the coins are redeemed on an account you cannot transfer them to someone else. Many people think that they can buy the bulk quantity of coins and then transfer some of them to another Amazon user and are often disappointed to realize that they cannot.